Welcome to my webpage !
I am a CNRS researcher at Centre d'Economie de la Sorbonne.
I was a junior researcher at Sciences-Po LIEPP in 2014-2015 and a postdoctoral fellow at Université catholique de Louvain in 2012-2014.
My research interests focus on discrimination against African immigrants in France and against African-Americans
in the US. I analyze how racial discrimination affects the economic situation of these two minority groups in imperfect labor market models, using search models with matching frictions. I use individual-level data to study the impact of racial prejudice on labor market outcomes of minorities, such as employment, wages and probability of occupying a job in contact with consumers.
Centre d'Economie de la Sorbonne
UMR 8174 du CNRS - Université Paris 1 Panthéon-Sorbonne
Maison des Sciences Economiques - 106-112 Boulevard de l'Hôpital - 75647 Paris cedex 13 - France
- Research Fellow, Sciences Po LIEPP, 2014-2015
- Postdoctoral Fellow, IRES - Université catholique de Louvain, 2012-2014
- Research Scholar/Adjunct Lecturer, Sciences-Po Paris, 2010-2012
- Ph.D. in Economics, Aix-Marseille University (GREQAM), 2012
Advisor: Alain Trannoy (EHESS), Bruno Decreuse (Aix-Marseille University) and Pierre-Philippe Combes (CNRS)
Thesis committee: Bruno Crépon (INSEE-CREST - referee), Denis Fougère (CNRS-CREST),
Laurent Gobillon (INED), and Etienne Wasmer (Sciences-Po - referee)
- Visiting PhD Student, Boston University (MA, USA), Fall 2010
- Master in Public Economics, Aix-Marseille University, 2006-2007
- Magistère d'économie, Sorbonne University, 2004-2006
- Visiting undergraduate student, Middlebury College (VT, USA), 2003-2004
Click here for a complete CV
Ethnic Networks and the Spatial Mismatch: Evidence from Public Housing, with Gregory Verdugo
Role of TV Programs on Extreme Right-Wing Voting Behavior in France, with Camille Hémet
- Applied Microeconometrics, Graduate, Sorbonne, Paris, (Fall 2016)
- Intermediate Microeconomics, Undergraduate, Sciences-Po, Paris, (Spring 2016)
- Race Discrimination in the Labor Market, PhD, Sciences-Po Paris, (Spring 2011)
- Macroeconomics, Graduate, Sciences-Po Paris, (Fall 2011)
- Macroeconomics, Undergraduate, Sciences-Po Reims - Euro-American Campus, (2011, 2012)
- Microeconomics, Undergraduate, Aix-Marseille University, (2009)
- Statistics, Undergraduate, Aix-Marseille University, (2007, 2008)